Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day three of my "Construction for Humanity"

Good evening everyone:  I'm standing here with the small can of paint that came with my box of construction items. The color is called: Calypso Orange and I really like it.  I decided to paint the back of the frame the orange color. I added heavy coats mixed with shellac and uneven brush strokes just to make it look old. (image 1).

I painted the drawers on the outer part the orange. Then I will lightly shellac the drawer covers, let them dry, treat them with a wash of orange and shellac again.   (image 2)

I am going to use four different fabrics for the inside of these boxes. You can see above on the left photo, the fabrics I chose and on the right the lining of the fabric in the boxes. (image 3).

This took me about three hours. Tomorrow I am going to finish the interior of the box and start to assemble to put into it. Tomorrow I am going to finish the interior of the box and then start assembling objects to go inside. Signing off. Anastasia S. Weigle, In A Bind.

No comments:

Post a Comment