Saturday, March 13, 2010

Day 7 - March 8, 2010 — getting to the end!

Today I am going to pickle the wood stain on my frame. The frame is pretty dark so I used a off white latex paint and with a soft cloth rubbed the paint in the wood and then wiped it off. I let it dry and then gave it a clear coat of shellac and then a second coat of tinted shellac.
I let that dry and then I decided to finish off each mitered corner of the frame with a dove.  These little doves were in wedding section of the $1 Store. I thought how perfect. Here is how I attached the doves to the frame. I drilled a small hole on the underside and then attached a finishing nail inside the hole. It was nice and snug. I then clipped the nail head and set the doves aside.  I then drilled a hole at each mitered corner of the frame. Using the "nailed" dove,  I plugged them one in each corner.

The front is now officially finished. That means the assemblages inside the box and the frame on the front side is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment