Saturday, March 13, 2010

Day 6 - a week later! March 7, 2010

Hey Gang—after that amazing windstorm we had about two weeks ago, I lost power in my home for four days so I couldn't do anything in my studio. Then when the power came on, I was into other projects. But, I did come back and worked on my piece. So let's begin.

I decided that my angel needed a little embellishment so I added a "bustle" made out of broken shell. I had a grey pearly sheen to it and seemed perfect for my piece.

Then I wanted to add two stars at the top left of the interior box. These "stars" came from Christmas ornaments that I had. I attached a nail with epoxy on the back side. I then drilled two holes in the box and then attached the stars to the holes with epoxy. I wanted to stars to look like they were floating in the box.  I then add a dove on top of the globe the angel is holding and a dove at it's feet. It just seemed to need that.  I feel that the assemblage work in the box is done. Tomorrow we'll work on the box itself. Signing off. Anastasia Weigle

No comments:

Post a Comment